ClaySportsOnline Forum
February 16, 2019, 04:19PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 7/8 oz Loads  (Read 120 times)
K80

Just shooting to have fun!

« on: February 06, 2019, 10:59AM »

Yesterday I was practicing with Muller U3 / U4 chokes.

I had some Fiocchi 7/8 oz 7 1/2 1350 shells.

I never shot real tight chokes and shells this small.

I have always used 1 1/8 oz premium shotgun shells. I never believed that shells like Gun Clubs would break most targets. When I ran out of the Fiocchi 7/8oz I started using Gun Clubs 1oz 71/2's that I paid $3.98 a box for. Again they broke almost everything.

Sure was shocked.  I was breaking long targets I couldn't break before with the big shells.

I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. 
Report to moderator   Logged

Terry

K-80 Plantation Grade

NSCA 546619

shooter12I

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 06:32PM »

I ain't the shells or the chokes.  It's the maniac pulling the trigger.   Smiley

And 7/8 oz isn't small.  It's plenty.  Have you ever shot the 20 gauge?  It smokes pretty much anything a 12 ga. will and it uses 7/8 oz of shot.  How about 28 ga.?  3/4 oz.  Same deal.

If you look at the target and have proper technique, you will crush most of them, regardless of your equipment.
moocher

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 04:57PM »

+1 with shooter 121.

I regularly shoot 7/8th oz. #8s at 1150 FPS and they will break even 50 yard crossers if I do my job. The slower loads pattern very well are a pleasure to shoot. I also never shoot any choke tighter than Mod. and have never seen any benefit to going tighter.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

CCSC May Mayhem- May 7, 2017

Hopkins Great American

Anthony Matarese, Jr. A dynamic new approach to sporting clays

Sporting Clays Instruction and Competition Coaching from John Woolley Shooting Clinics, Inc.

Clay Shooting News, Reviews, Tips & Tricks

Grow your business with Constant Contact! FREE!