ClaySportsOnline Forum
November 18, 2017, 10:58AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: what to know about vision  (Read 9002 times)
Flinch

« on: January 20, 2017, 07:23AM »

The list of misconceptions in shooting are related to vision also.

1) seeing two barrels ,when the gun is mounted in the shoulder, and you keep  both eyes open...is NOT EYE CROSS DOMINANCE!!!  is called NATURAL DIPLOPIA.

One of the barrel image is the real one and the other one is a ghost one.

The phenomenon occurs b/c the object ( the gun ) is too close to our eyes considering

the distance of our closest focal point .( where the two eye axis meet in the closest point out from our eyes)

2) eye dominance NEVER CHANGE ANATOMICALLY  only SWITCH temporarily  !

. You born and die with it.

Cross firing is a false ”eye dominance” changing that can be temporary or a long term problem.

Any eyes exercise to chance eye dominance gets extinct once the exercise ends.

Cross firing is an inducted eye dominance cause by many factors.

Eliminating those factors, if possible, will restore your original eye dominance.

3) A patch, tape or any other thing that blocks the pupil and being placed on the glasses

cuts the binocular vision to monocular vision. ( two eye shooting to one eye shooting)

No matter how small the dot is will cut the binocular vision!

Anybody saying that having a dot and shooting both eyes open like any other two eyed shooter is an ignorant .

Indeed they keep two eyes open but only one establish  the sight picture.

Everybody having a dot can have some PERIPHERAL vision but not the CENTRAL vision

that help us to focus on an object AND COMBINED  with the other eye to give us the depth perception.

The natural way to shoot is both eyes open( with nothing on the glasses) and the handedness side to be on the side of  the dominant eye.

Any alternation from this condition imply different solutions that can influence the performance.

In events like skeet and trap ( with regular  target  path) the one eyed shooting can be mastered at an acceptable level.

Sporting clays and FITASC ,Olympic bunker,( 9 setup scheme) are different, due to the multitude of presentations characterized by different   distances , angles, heights  and speeds of the birds.

A full visual capacity is mandatory in order to handle those presentations at high level.

Those unfortunate with cross dominance that can not switch shoulder, to eliminate
 the eye cross dominance handicap, are using tapes, patches to overcome the inconvenience.

Once you cut your binocular vision, you are  disadvantaged already from the start!1

THE ONLY  solution to preserve your binocular vision in case of eye cross dominance, cross firing, is the use of an XDSolution.

Being placed in front of your eyes( on the trigger guard)and not on the glasses, will allow the central vision

of the ”off” eye to participate in establishing the sight picture! FULL BINOCULAR VISION!

The peripheral vision of the off eye is blocked to see  the barrel, in rest the off eye is free to see the target when the sight picture is establish.

This is a huge advantage over  tape . dot or patch.

Beside that, the XDSolution  eliminates the double barrel vision either and keep the eyes rested

Bill

Report to moderator   Logged
Flinch

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 06:18PM »

Here is the natural concept of the XD Solution quoted from SW

”This blinder is your thumb. If you hold the forearm of
your gun with your thumb in this position then you
have made your own blinder. The following two pictures
show the hand and thumb as seen from both the left and
right side.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/cpg1410/albums/userpics/39159/normal_t1.JPG

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/cpg1410/albums/userpics/39159/normal_t2.jpg

As you can see the hand is holding the forearm so that
the thumb is extending above the barrel and right
beside it. Seen from the rear this is what the eye
behind the barrel/rib sees as it is lined up on
a target for a right handed shooter:

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/cpg1410/albums/userpics/39159/normal_t3.jpg

Next picture is what the "off eye" sees that is not lined
up on barrel. The barrel/sight is blocked from vision
on the "off eye", and yet it can still see the target.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/cpg1410/albums/userpics/39159/normal_t4.jpg

Notice you can see the target with both eyes but
you can only see the barrel/rib/bead with the eye
that is lined up with barrel. The reason that this
thumb only blocks out the barrel/rib/bead from
the off eye is because the thumb is actually between
the eyes. If you were out at the target looking
back at the shooter you would see this picture,
with the thumb between the eyes, and yet both
eyes have a clear path and vision of the target.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/cpg1410/albums/userpics/39159/normal_eyes.jpg

Notice that the blinders on your glasses put the
blinder right back about a 1/4 inch from the eye,
and the fence and tunnel stick the blinder out
at the end of the barrel. With the thumb though
you are compromising between these two distances
that the blinder is away from the eye, and
there are several advantages of this blinder, just
using your thumb. Here are the advantages.
(1)  It will work with any gun you happen to use, and with any glasses.

(2) Gives you full binocular view of the target
and lets you find second targets using both eyes.

(3) It gives the same sight picture as you are
mounting as when gun finally gets into postion.
It uses the full sight picture, barrel/rib/bead.
All of these are visible all during the mount,
and there is no transistion to the bead after
it appears, because it is always present during
the mount.

(4) It completely eliminates view of the barrel,
rib, and bead by the "off eye", and it eliminates
this vision even during mount, making it a seamless
transition to the sight picture which is always
present during the mount. This is important because
as noted before your sight picture actually includes
more than just the bead.

(5) Lets both eyes try to acquire the second
target on doubles.

(6) Works no matter which hand you use, so you
can shoot left or right handed and have binocular
view of the target .

(7) You don't have to wear glasses with tape.
So you can use or not use any glasses you see
fit to use, and maybe while hunting you don't
even want glasses, perhaps if snowing or raining
or whatever.”

http://xdsolution.com/assets/shooter_sketch-25ad644dd2c2c2bb722a08317c8032bd.jpg

The XD Solution replaces the thumb of witch positioning on the forehand is not constant  

is getting tire after a couple of shots and many can not keep it in the right position.

The XD Solution eliminates all these inconveniences giving the shooter that is encountering eye cross dominance or cross firing the chance to shoot using full visual capacity.!

IT IS THE ONLY DEVICE THAT WILL HELP YOU TO SHOOT BOTH EYE OPEN( binocular vision) EVEN YOU ARE EYE CROSS DOMINATE, CROSS FIRING OR CAN NOT HANDLE THE DOUBLE BARREL VISION!!!

By using the XD Solution will eliminate the dots, patches, tapes from the glasses so that the eyes are free of any blockage and rested during the shooting action!!!

Flinch

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 07:28PM »

For whatever reason you use a dot patch, tape you can get rid of it from your glasses b by using an XDSolution!

Beside the fact that you will have free eyes and binocular vision you will shoot like any other shooter with normal vision and natural setup , on the handedness side regardless
your eye dominance!

I have used the XDSolution the past two seasons and it has worked the best for me to prevent my left eye from becoming the dominate eye when moving to the target. In the past I have tried most options - one eye, a spot on glasses lens, covering the upper portion of glasses lens, stick on blinder at the end of the barrel, etc. I don't consider myself of All-American talent but during the last two seasons I have managed to shoot hundreds in singles events and a hundred in a handicap event (from 22 yds.). If you struggle with cross dominance issues you owe it to yourself to try the XDSolution - it may be the solution that works best for you.

Dwayne Noren,

I purchased one of these for a less than computer literate local shooter who has been having major difficulties with cross dominance. Shooter tried it this weekend with my assistance and was extremely satisfied with the results. He tried every other possible solution including dots and blinders with minimal success. This concept may be just the ticket for many shooters!! "

Ollie

Texas story:

".... I missed my 4H Team practice. My new shooter who had bought and installed an XD, and who was crushing targets with did not have on his gun yesterday. He shot like crap too, 12/25. When I asked him why he took it off, he said Mr. Woody (one of the other coaches) told him too....said he did not need "that crap" on his gun.

I put it back on. He shot 23/25. We went over to talk to Mr. Woody, who said he just could not see the hard left trap targets and he only shot 9/25 in trap. Short story...that was the first round of trap he EVER SHOT....and he shot it with a squad of our 4-5 year experienced shooters and NO COACHING. So, we shot a round of trap and did some coaching...he shot 17/25. Second round, after he figured out the barrel is never very far away from a trap target, he shot 21/25. We all agree the XD stays on the gun from now on....skeet, trap, sporting clays, or 5 stand!"

Mike

Nothing can replace two eyed shooting . Period!

...and now anybody can ” afford” it !!
Flinch

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 06:37PM »

More about the XD Solution concept.

Please watch this picture attentively :

http://xdsolution.com/assets/shooter_sketch-25ad644dd2c2c2bb722a08317c8032bd.jpg

First thing to notice is that both eyes are free of any occlusion looking far out at the

target!!!

This is possible b/c the screen of the XD is placed in FRONT of the eyes and BETWEEN

the eyes and NOT  on the dominate eye,s pupil like the tape, dot patch it is.

So, how the XD solution helps eye cross dominate people , cross firing people, to eliminate the barrel from the dominate eye vision but in same time to allow the dominate eye to see the target!??

As you may know our vision is composed by the CENTRAL vision that help us to focus on an object and the PERIPHERAL vision that help us to see ( not clear) the objects surrounding the focused object.

Ex. watch a picture on the wall. You will see the picture clearly but in same time you will see foggy a door, a window or a cabinet .

You get the clear image( the picture) from your CENTRAL vision and you will get the other objects( foggy image) from your PERIPHERAL  vision.

Taking this example on the shooting field the ”Picture” is the target and the foggy object is the barrel.

What the XD Solution does?

The XD Solution screen blocks  ONLY the  PERIPHERAL vision  of the dominate eye  to see  the gun,s barrel so that the handicap of the eye cross dominance is eliminated but

WILL NOT BLOCKS THE PUPIL AXE ( central vision) LIKE THE DOT TAPE DOES!!

The big DIFFERENCE between how the dot , tape patch, blocks the dominate eye to eliminate the barrel and how the XD solution does it is this:

The dot tape patch is placed close to the eye( on the glasses) and ON THE PUPIL,S AXE
 CUTTING THE BINOCULAR VISION TO MONACULAR VISION

The XD Solution being place in front and between the eyes eliminates the barrel from the

PERIPHERAL VISION of the dominate eye ALLOWING in the same time THE CENTRAL VISION of the dominate eye TO SEE THE TARGET AKA PRESERVE THE BIBOCULAR VISION!!!

-The tape dot, blocks THE CENTRAL VISION AND THE PERIPHERAL VISION  of the dominate eye from  SEEING the BARREL and the TARGET.

THE XD  Solution blocks  ONLY THE PERIPHERAL VISION of the dominate eye  from SEEING the BARREL, but allowing the CENTRAL VISION to see the TARGET!

THIS IS A HUGE ADVANTAGE OF THE XD SOLUTION OVER THE DOT TAPE OR PATCH!

As a result the eye cross dominate shooter can shoot from his handedness SIDE and use
 FULL  BINOCULAR VISION LIKE ANY OTHER SHOOTER WITH NORMAL VISION!!

The XD solution eliminates the handicap of being eye cross dominate ,the cross firing phenomenon , the accentuated double barrel vision!

There is no device to challenge the XD Solution advantages and natural concept!

TWO EYED SHOOTING  IS THE BEST!! PERIOD!

Flinch

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 09:57PM »

My name is Simon Whitie, I have just bought the product and tested it today it really crap conditions (gale force winds in bursts).

Have never seen the lead so clearly I stacked a double on 6 with the wind pushing the low and high apart about 15 metres and had no problem seeing both and significantly changing and getting the right lead.

I tested today by dumping my patch (right armed, right-eye dominant with the left taking over historically – always struggled to see lead until a world leading skeet coach patched me at one of his clinics in 2014.

BUT, this test has given me back my binocular vision (unpatched) and the lead picture was so clear it caught me off guard to the point that I had to make adjustments to my old lead picture to what actually now looks right ‘2 feet, 3 feet’ etc.

I will start competing with the xd next weekend.

QUESTION: do you guys have a distributor relationship in AUS or NZ (Apac)?  Would you be interested in talking about such (local marketing and events)?

Regards
Simon

Yes, the XDSolution eliminates the dot, patch giving the shooter the chance to regain binocular vision , the natural way to see the reality!
Salopian

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 07:30PM »

Bill,
 I now see that you are promoting or should I say 'hawking' yet another gadget that you have copied off someone else? Grin
H.H. Thorn suggested a gadget similar to yours nearly two hundred years ago .
Side by side handguards have been available with 'Mickey Mouse 'ears for at least 150 years .
Other gadgets are , 'Shotspot' 'Easyhit' 'Redeye' or visit www.perazzihpxshotguns.com/the eyemaster or www.vass.ie .

Whatever happened to your WalMart shopping trolley ?
Sorry I really should have said Mazeclays Wheel barrow. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Flinch

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 10:42PM »

Sal, thank you for bringing up the subject!

It gives me the opportunity to highlight  the superiority of the XDSolution over the other   solutions that try to solve the eye cross dominance.

First of all the XDSolution is a patented device(USA)so must have some merit to obtain a patent.

Second H.H Thorn ”suggested” and never realized the device for shotgun and in a way that was not functional so ...ended up in the dust of the history

The Mickey Mouse ridiculous English thing never catch b/c was ridiculous anyway!

Shotspot is the expensive version of the American ;Magic dot” that cut the binocular vision to monocular vision so is not worth to lost time with it.

Easyhit was ”borrowed ” from rifle shooting and is a big time eye catcher for those who”love” to aim a shotgun.!!

Redeye is an other dot ”collection” that cuts the binocular vision to  monocular vision so has no merit over the XDSolution

At the Perazzi link I found nothing,

The Wass aberration is good in theory but in practical life things are way different if you understand eye dominance  I Will not mention what is different I let you to guess.  As far as I know you are an English instructor and giving me this examples makes me to understand that you have no clue what is the HUGE differences between the XDSolution and the others.

Please pay attention

XDSolution  

Both eyes are free to see the target with full visual capacity

http://www.xdsolution.com/

Magic dot, shotspot patch etc.

https://www.gungoddess.com/shooters-magic-eye-dots/

Placed on glasses cuts the binocular vision to monocular vision.

Regarding Maze Clays also patented and TM

http://www.losttarget.com/shoots2006/0306mazeclays/default.htm

http://mazeclays.com/

Is running well and is enjoyed like you can see on the link.

Sal, if you have more questions I will answer to them with great pleasure.

Nice to hear from you!

Bill

Salopian

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 08:57PM »

Bill,
 It is good to see that gullability is alive and well in the USA.
I have often thought that many clayshooters have more money than good sense , your testimonials prove it beyond doubt .
You are charging people nearly $60 for a piece of rubbish that replaces the age old raised thumb technique.
A piece of Scotch tape on the glasses lense would be cheaper and equally effective as your gadget.
Flinch

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 04:11AM »

Sal,

it is good to see that arrogance and ignorance is alive and well in UK

Have you ever tried an XDSolution to have an honest opinion about it?

Many did and are happy on what they got!

I will post more testimonials just to kill your jealousy and rude attitude.

I belived till now that the UK is the land of Gentlemen but now i see that the jerks are taking over big time.

This is monumental ;

”A piece of Scotch tape on the glasses lense would be cheaper and equally effective as your gadget.”

This statement shows how much ”competence and expertise” you posses to even express an opinion.

It is BETTER to shoot clays using both eyes or  using only one?

It is better to run in one leg than two?

Sal, the arrogance and that funny accent won,t make you competent, for sure!

More questions?

Bill

Only for Sal

”I have used the XDSolution the past two seasons and it has worked the best for me to prevent my left eye from becoming the dominate eye when moving to the target. In the past I have tried most options - one eye, a spot on glasses lens, covering the upper portion of glasses lens, stick on blinder at the end of the barrel, etc. I don't consider myself of All-American talent but during the last two seasons I have managed to shoot hundreds in singles events and a hundred in a handicap event (from 22 yds.). If you struggle with cross dominance issues you owe it to yourself to try the XDSolution - it may be the solution that works best for you. ”

Dwayne Noren

Do you think this genlemen is happy for buying an XDSolution?
Salopian

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2017, 05:42AM »

Bill,
 Now you are showing your ignorance.
You obviously have no idea what Scotch tape is?
It's opaque finish is used in exactly the same way as you are claiming your XD system works .
Difference is you are ripping people off .
Being as you claim to know all the answers, explain to me how one of my customers who has no right eye shoots off the right shoulder , doesn't cock his head over to use his left eye, but still hits more than 90%?
I really would look forward to you imparting knowledge for a change .
Flinch

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2017, 10:31PM »

Sal I post this  FOR YOU again

”The big DIFFERENCE between the tape and the XDSolution is made by their placement reported to the eyes.

1) the tape is placed VERY CLOSE to the eye on the glasses . AS a result blocks entirely  the eye,s AXE to see THE TARGET and THE BARRELS

https://www.gungoddess.com/shooters-magic-eye-dots/

AS A RESULT THE TWO EYED SHOOTING IS DOWN GRADED TO ONE EYED SHOOTING

2) the XDSolution is placed FAR OUT from the eyes and BETWEEN eyes and not ON THE EYE!

Because of that placement the  screen of the device blocks only the peripheral vision of the ”off” eye to see the barrels  and NOT the ENTIRE EYE.
i
As a result the central vision is free to see the target when the site picture is formed

Using the  XDSolution the shooter preserves the TWO EYED SHOOTING!!!

If you can,t understand the above nobody can help you, believe me!

”Being as you claim to know all the answers, explain to me how one of my customers who has no right eye shoots off the right shoulder , doesn't cock his head over to use his left eye, but still hits more than 90%?”

I can,t help you if I am not able to see that student at work.

I am not sure you understand eye dominance so it must be something else.

To convince me that you have clue about the subject please answer to the questions I put to Dan that he never give me an response.

Here are the Q

1)the virtual (not anatomically or physiologically) difference between the Dominant eye and the non Dominant eye ?

2)Why the brain select one eye to be dominant over the other

3) Seeing two barrels is related to ”eye dominance”??...

If you can answer to this questions then we can have a discussion on eye dominance.

Thank you!

Bill

Salopian

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 08:18AM »

Bill,
 I would not wish to have a discussion with you ever.
You have continually disrupted threads on this forum and shotgunworld , all to no educational value to anyone .
Flinch

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2017, 11:03AM »

Sal, I guess the arrogance cuts your wisdom, but if you just go thru this thread you will find

a lot of information that no other on the forum will give it to you!

The REVOLUTIONARY information is that the XDSolution is the ONLY device on business that preserve TWO EYED SHOOTING in case of eye cross dominance.

What that means?

It is the FIRST TIME that a persons with eye cross dominance, cross firing, can shoot from

his handedness side using both eyes ( full visual capacity) like any  guy with normal vision does!!!

What you want more than this???

If you understand eye cross dominance this is HUGE, you like it or not!

Regarding the ”disruption of threads” my position is that if you come to a forum better sustain your remarks with logic arguments or you face feed backs that will come against  you.

Writing books will impress the ignorant but they are not the only ones around here.!

I put to you some questions to see your level of knowledge in the  field of vision in order to have a debate with you.

You did not answer to them.

Bill

Salopian

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2017, 07:37AM »

Bill,
 I didn't bother to answer your questions.
Not because I cannot , but because you take us all to be fools and only you, as usual, are the self appointed expert on all things in the Universe.
 Bill this is a trait that you have that alienates most people to you.

Rather than ask me or Dan questions to see what we understand , how about you explaining what the Miles test is, what the Porta test is, what the Dolman test is ?
Explain about steriopsis and Myopia .
But first of all you really do need to find out what 'Scotch' tape is.
Because clearly you do not have a clue to part one of Dominant eye diagnosis .
For any other visitor to this forum , " I'm out of here".
Thank you.
Flinch

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2017, 12:01PM »

So, we lost SAl, anyways  his contribution to the thread was next to zero.

He,s right, a lot of people dislike me b/c I challenge the ”establishment.”

I can,t help it, for me no matters how many books you write or how many articles you publish,if you can,t engage in a debate to support your input, then coming on the forum just to promote your business for free  is ....not what people expect.

For sure I am not perfect, but coming on the forum and being proved  wrong is the best thing that  can happen to me b/c then I learn something and I did not wast my time.

The so called experts like Sal, and others are a bunch at every corner but how I said, the arrogance is not.... competence. Period.

Bill

Salopian

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2017, 05:29PM »

Flinch,
No you haven't lost me from the forum, only from arguing with you , because once again you have shown yourself to be a wind bag , just full of hot air .
You have never , ever , answered one question put to you by any contributor on this forum or any other .
You asked me to answer questions for you and I showed my knowledge of the subject by returning your favour and asking you to explain various eye sight technical terms .
Obviously you declined because you are incapable of differentiating between your opaquegadget and 'Scotch ' tape .
Bill, Google 'Scotch ' tape , you may learn something .

Ooops !
 Sorry I forgot , You know everything .
Flinch

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2017, 10:18PM »

Finally I was wrong, Sal is back but keep arguing with me!!

Sal, lets make a deal!

!)I asked you first to answer to my question  and you did not .

If you answer to my Q,s I PROMIS that I will answer to yours in a heart bit! The questions are puerile but for the sake of the debate I will do so.

2)I presented in details the huge advantages of the XDSolution over the dot, tape, patch etc.using logic and common sense.

Please do the same with the”Scotch” for the benefit of the forum,s people!

After that I will have an opinion about it! I promise again!

Deal???

Bill

PS. Glad to have you back arguing with me!:)
Flinch

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2017, 06:27PM »

Sal, is in hide so no answers will get from him

Here are the tests he ask me about:

1)The Miles test:

Extend both arms in front of your body and place the hands together so as to make a small triangle between your thumbs and the first knuckle (see image). With both of your eyes open, look through the triangle and focus on a specific small object. Close your left eye. If the object remains in view, you are right eye dominant. If your hands appear to move off the object and move to the left, then you are left eye dominant.

2)The Dolman test

Basically the same as the Miles test only that you are looking through a hole in a card.

3)The Porta test

Extend your arm out in front of you.
With both eyes open raise your thumb or align your index finger on a distant object.
Close the left eye and observe the location of the object.
Now open the left eye and close the right eye and observe the location of the object.
It is likely that when you closed one eye or the other, the object disappeared or appeared to move to one side or the other.

It is also likely that when you closed the opposite eye, the object remained stationary in the view window you created with your hands.

The eye that kept the object stationary in the view window is your dominant eye.

If you performed this simple test and the object did not appear to move when you closed one eye or the other then you are among the rare individuals who have central vision.

4) steriopsis

The visual perception of depth, or the ability to see three-dimensionally. For this to occur, the person must be binocular.

5) Myopia

Nearsightedness.  If you are nearsighted, you typically will have difficulty reading road signs and seeing distant objects clearly, but will be able to see well for close-up tasks such as reading and computer use.

Sal, here is a tip for you, go and ask  Ed. Lyons about my questions and get back to us.Based on what I saw in his writings I am  not sure he can answer to those questions either, but never know....

Bill

Flinch

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2017, 09:58PM »

Just for the fun of it I, will comment  a footage on the Youtube posted by my buddy Sal on SW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaSHelxuqfs

At a certain point of the film the instructor has a ”philosophical” fart about why people shoot
driven targets at the left...

If you pay attention he demonstrate the move to the driving bird  having the gun in the middle of the chest saying that is an equal distance from the both shoulders .

If you pay  attention again when he mounts the gun on the right shoulder he changes the stance turning slide right.

His explanation is that because we shoot from the right and not from the middle of the chest

the tendency is to shoot left of the target.

WRONG!!

The only reason to shoot on the left side of the target is when the stance is bad aka the shoulders are parallels with the throwing machine.( facing the machine)

The bad stance is when the instructor shows the move of the gun when the gun is in the middle of the chest!!!

If you keep the same stance and you mount the gun on the right shoulder for SURE

you will shoot on the left of the target!!!

If the stance is correct the body movement will take you on the right path.

The instructor never tells you what to do to don,t shoot on the left side of the target.

Yes, if the stance is correct you will never shoot on the left side  of the target unless you have eyes issues!!!!

The entire shooting literature is invaded by a lot of crap coming from UK.

My next project is to dismantle all this crap starting with the CPSA instructional page.!!

Bill

http://www.xdsolution.com/

Salopian

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2017, 05:23PM »

Bill,
 I look forward to you teaching us all how to do things correctly . That will be a first .
Secondly I do not condone the video you mention at all , indeed I think it is a disgraceand has very bad safety issues and nothing of use whatsoever.
Finally I think you do British literature a major disservice as I do not recall very much useful literary advice coming out of the USA about sporting clays shooting unless it is written by Peter Blakeley (a Brit) or Dan Schindler , both of whom you disagree with , but you have never said anything of use . Ever.
Flinch

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2017, 11:50AM »

Sal,

”I look forward to you teaching us all how to do things correctly . That will be a first .”

Once you come to a forum and you put up personal thoughts be ready to sustain them with valid arguments. If you are not able to do so then everything you say is BS.

So, what I do is to try to bring up the essence of the issues by putting questions to the shotgun scientist  here  in order  to get answers that may help the forum,s people.

I am not perfect, so you are free to prove me wrong!!

I am not on a forum to teach you, just to straight out  what I think is crooked .

”Finally I think you do British literature a major disservice ”

I,m sorry for that but i can,t help it!

A lot of trash is coming from there and in the next ” episodes” I will take each one in my scope!

Here is a sample of a totally wrong conception about the ”double vision” encountered when shooting a shotgun.

The quote is from the cpsa instructional page  

https://www.cpsa.co.uk/userfiles/file/Eye%20Dominance.pdf

and I will comment  on

”Double images
If a shooter is not completely dominant in their
master eye, remaining fully focused on the target
throughout the shot is very difficult. This is
because a ghost image of the gun will appear
to the off eye. The more dominant the off eye
becomes, the more prominent the ghost image
will be.”

Associating the eye dominance with the double vision of the gun is totally wrong, why?

The double vision will be present whatever on witch shoulder you mount the gun!

On both shoulders you will have double vision when both eyes are open!

The phenomenon is called ”Natural diplopia” and happens when we have an object close to our eyes.   We get the double images b/c the eyes can,t focus on the close object so the brain get two images aka double vision

On each side we get a clear image and a ghost image .

The double vision is NOT caused by eye dominance!!! Period!

”For example, someone who has central
vision will see a double image of the shotgun
when focusing fully on the target. It is extremely
difficult for a shooter to point the gun at the
target if there are two images of the gun to
choose from. Clearly in a sport where applying
the correct forward allowance to a target is key,
this ‘double image’ is unacceptable. The
inevitable outcome of this situation is that
the shooter looks back at the bead in order
to remove the ghost image, which results in
stopping the gun and missing behind.”

The two eyed shooters learn to ignore the ghost image at the point that is insignificant.

If you can,t ignore the double barrel vision and you want to preserve the binocular vision then the XDSolution is the best ...solution!

The
images in Figure 3 (next page) demonstrate
the images that a shooter, with varying degrees
of eye dominance, will see when focusing on
a right-to-left crossing target:

On this one we will have a lot of fun , but is enough for now.

Sal, come with your contribution!

Talking about trash that comes  from the UK,the ”registered target system” is the most anti competition oriented regulation and was imported by ignorant who are not self thinkers.

Less than 1% of the shotgun owners in the USA and are millions, are not interested to sign up   for a membership.

The unrealistic classification system ( see master class) is made not to promote talents but

people with cash in their pockets.!

”I do not recall very much useful literary advice coming out of the USA about sporting clays
shooting ”

If you follow Dan Carlisle,s teachings you will learn more than you expect!

Bill

http://xdsolution.com/

Salopian

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2017, 04:49PM »

Bill,
 That is the most useful post that you have ever posted on any forum. Congratulations.
Who wrote it for you?
Whilst agreeing that Dan Carlisle talks sense and has been around a good while teachiing well . I do not think that you can hold his teachings up to cancel everything that has come out of the UK.
But at least you are now listening , learning and mellowing.
Flinch

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2017, 09:34PM »

Sal,

I have to recognize that You are the first one that show a little appreciation .

I admire your ”courage” to over pass the cultural barrier ( the English is my second language)  having a direct and honest opinion.

Regarding this:

”I do not think that you can hold his teachings up to cancel everything that has come out of the UK. ”

Of course not. but I can point out things that has no merit and are considered ” revolutionary” like the ”Churchill” method of shooting”

I go with Stanburry all day long.

Anyways, I am glad that you have surfaced and I would like to meet you when the opportunity arrive.

I will be at the world FITASC in Galgamacsa Hungary, next week.

Are you  coming?

Bill

Flinch

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2017, 07:02PM »

Talking about fig. 4 of this

https://www.cpsa.co.uk/userfiles/file/Eye%20Dominance.pdf

The drawing is wrong . Not the finger is moving but the opposite eye moves by canting the head!!

The opposite eye tries to line up with the finger and not the finger moving to the opposite eye,  like the drawing is showing!!

How many times you have notice that eye cross dominate shooters are canting their head over the stock!!!???

Second, the drawing shows % of dominance of the right and left eye.!!

Ex 75% right eye dominant ! That means 25% of the left eye is dominant  either.  right??

If you understand eye dominance, it is impossible to have dominance in both eyes!!!

The meaning  of the word ”DOMINANCE ” is not realistic anymore.!!

However if you don,t have full dominance on your handedness side eye or the opposite eye wants to take over( shift dominance), you need to block the off eye.

The only one that will preserve your binocular vision by far is the XDSolution!

Bill

Flinch

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2017, 02:34PM »

I can read all kind of aberrations regarding eye dominance  and how Lasik surgery can change
eye dominance.

That shows how ignorant people are about eye dominance.

The example I am talking about is from Trapshooters.

Lets say both eyes are bad, like both are far sighted.
You are left eye dominant and want to be right eye
dominant, what you do is just have the right eye
changed with lasik. If successful, and the right eye
now has perfect vision, then your dominance is
very likely to switch, to the right eye. It won't do it
the first day, but in short order it is quite likely that
it will switch, just because your right eye is giving the
brain a much better image, and your brain is always
trying to see with accuracy and see good. So your
brain will soon begin to favor the right eye. Without
you even having a clue your dominance will change
over a very short time. Once it has changed it will be
permanent, as long as that right eye is delivering
good visual image to the brain. Now you can have
the left eye done and make it perfect also, and the
dominance will stay on the right side.

Seeing well and dominance have nothing in common

Doing Lasik only on the " on" eye ( non dominant eye) won't change dominance!!

What that does it will make the "on" eye  visually stronger leaving the dominant eye
weaker.

Is like putting a patch on the dominant eye, which is weaker than the Lasik operated eye.

That's not eye dominance change.

How many people do you know that have  patches, tapes on their glasses and changed eye dominance after all???

"Eye dominance"  will get back to " natural" aka eye cross dominance once the Lasik operation is on the off eye( dominant eye) performed

here is the catch:

All of this
won't work if your bad eye is not bad enough,
like it is only very slightly far sighted, or if you
wear corrective lens on the left eye making it just
as good as the lasik correct right eye.

Who is the idiot to do Lasik only to one eye when both are equally bad  ??

How about the everyday life where binocular vision is so important!!

Bill

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Anthony Matarese, Jr. A dynamic new approach to sporting clays

Grow your business with Constant Contact! FREE!

CCSC May Mayhem- May 7, 2017

Hopkins Great American

Trap Rental at Hopkins Game Farm

Sporting Clays Instruction and Competition Coaching from John Woolley Shooting Clinics, Inc.

Advertise on claysportsonline.com