ClaySportsOnline Forum
October 01, 2014, 04:58AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Push or pull gun carts  (Read 10212 times)
Middlo

« on: May 03, 2012, 02:01AM »

Hi can anyone give me a lead on push or pull carts where to buy them

Thanks

Middlo
Report to moderator   Logged
Dickn52

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 02:11AM »

http://www.ruggedgear.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=153/category_id=112/home_id=76/mode=prod/prd153.htm
jfoobar

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 02:53PM »

I have had a Rugged Gear cart for a number of years now and am happy with its quality.  It is, however, a bit bigger than I really need for "everyday" use.  I have seen a few other push cart models out there but they all also seem to be quite large.  And by large, I mean how much space they take up in my car when collapsed. 

Are there some smaller pull cart options out there.  I have seen a couple of smaller pull-style carts at local courses but they all seem to be home-made. 
RS1220FL

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 04:07PM »

Steve,  I've had my Rugged Gear cart for 5-7 years and buying it was one of my best decisions.  Check out their website, sometimes they have a special sale package.   A few years ago, Bass Pro in Orlando was stocking the carts.  The price difference between the two places might not be that great considering sales tax vs shipping.  It might come down to any extras that Rugged Gear adds plus access to the full product line.   They are also making a 3-gun cart now but I'd be leary of having to push 3 sets of guns 'n gear but the added space might be a good thing for just 1-2 people.  regards, rs.
TomP41

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 09:17PM »

Hi can anyone give me a lead on push or pull carts where to buy them

Thanks

Middlo

I have the Rugged Gear 2 gun cart and love it, but here are a couple other manufactures.

http://starscart.com/

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/shoot-n-go-shooting-cart.aspx?a=683589

TomP41
oneounceload

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 10:27PM »

I built mine from a three-wheel golf cart rig before Rugged Gear was in production - think the old Range Boys with plastic wheels - and it is designed for one gun, 9 boxes of shells and has a removable pack that holds cold drink in one section and chokes and glasses in the other - I can put it, my gun case, range bag, etc, into the back of my MINI with no issues

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Middlo

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 12:18PM »

Thanks guys Ruggued gear it is then

Middlo
peter4duck

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 01:49PM »

I understand one way to go is to get a used Jogging stroller (which appears to be the base of the rugged cart) and attach ATV gun holders to it. a lot cheaper.
Doug The Canuck

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 03:26PM »

The bigger the wheels, the better.

I built one from a jogging stroller and two ATV gun holders.

Doug The Canuck
Dickn52

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 06:17PM »

Interesting.
ded-n-ded

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 11:09PM »

My first cart was a shameless copy of a Skeel's Wheels 2 wheel pull along using a folding golf cart for the frame.  I graduated to a Rugged Gear and am very pleased with it.  It has a fixed front wheel, which I prefer to the articulated front wheel.

If you do not have a old golf cart in your garage or basement, I recommend just going ahead with the Rugged Gear--with solid tires if they are not standard.

enjoy....

Ken Schafer
Bull Run Shooting Instruction
B-R-S-I.COM

Muller Chokes
Autopuller by Clay Delay

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
DAS

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 09:31PM »

I also have a Skeels Wheels.  Mine is still going strong.

Anyone know what happened to them?  Last I heard he had moved his operations to Indiana?Huh

Be quick to listen; slow to talk; slow to anger
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  
Sporting Clays Instruction and Competition Coaching from John Woolley Shooting Clinics, Inc.

Cedar Creek November Blast November 9th

Cedar Creek Pumpkin Buster October 5th

Hopkins Autumn Classic November 9th

Trap Rental at Hopkins Game Farm

Grow your business with Constant Contact! FREE!

Anthony Matarese, Jr. A dynamic new approach to sporting clays

Schraders hosts the MD State Shoot Jul 26th & 27th

Advertise on claysportsonline.com